When the weather is nice outside, it’s only natural to want to enjoy it. But part of being a resident in an apartment community is that there are chores that have to be done—and our Orlando apartments are no exception. To help you streamline your cleaning and spend more time enjoying the finer things in life, we’ve put together five cleaning hacks that you should know about. Here’s a look:
5 CLEANING HACKS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW
- Blinds cleaning. Blinds are perceived as one of the most difficult things to clean, but here’s how to do it easily and quickly: Grab an old sock, then mix water and vinegar equally. Place the sock on your hand, dip it in the solution and go over the blinds with it. You’ll be amazed at how quickly it picks up dust and debris.
- Unclogging drains. Got a stubborn drain clog? Don’t rush to the store to buy an expensive product, just grab some vinegar, baking soda and boil some water. Mix this all together, pour it down the stubborn drain and you’ll be amazed at how quickly the solution eats through the grime that’s clogging it — without damaging the pipes.
- Cleaning sponges. Dirty sponge? Toss it in the microwave for 30 seconds, the heat will eliminate the bacteria. Or toss it in the dishwasher to get it clean as a whistle.
- Squeegee pet hair. Have pets in your apartment home? Remove excess pet hair by wetting a squeegee, then go over the area or areas where hair has built up. You’ll be surprised at how quickly and effectively this works.
- Drying laundry. It’s always super frustrating when you need a certain garment to be dry, but are at the mercy of waiting for the dryer to finish. Here’s a neat hack: Throw a dry towel into the dryer with your wet garments. The dry towel works to soak up some of the moisture from your garments, thereby ensuring a faster drying process.
This year, make it a point to clean smarter—not harder—and enjoy life a little bit more. And if you’re looking for a great community to call home in Orlando, Florida, give us a call today to browse our floor plans.